Thank you for visiting https://www.vsl3.co.uk a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website. We are committed to the right to privacy and data protection. This Privacy Notice will describe how Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd may collect data for the vsl3.co.uk website to hold and process your personal information. Additionally, we will ensure your privacy is respected and your data is protected. This will be in accordance with applicable European and local national data protection laws. This Privacy Notice is only applicable to vsl3.co.uk. If you are visiting another website related to Ferring please consult the Privacy Notice on the respective website.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This ‘Notice’ provides you with information about:
- How we use your data
- What personal information we collect
- Where do we store data
- Data collected by third party
- Data collected by Cookies
- Children data protection
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Links to other websites
- Security Information
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
- Modification of Privacy notice
- Contact information
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Vsl3.co.uk is a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website, how site uses your personal data for service:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To make a tailored website available to you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
Vsl3.co.uk is a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website, how site uses your personal data for Marketing:
- To contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- To enable VSL#3 a Ferring Pharmaceutical Ltd, to manage customer service interactions with you
Vsl3.co.uk is a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website, how site uses your personal data for legal and contractual reasons:
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Vsl3.co.uk is a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website, how site uses your personal data for to use service providers and suppliers:
- Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Vsl3.co.uk, a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website, only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which means they can only use your data to provide services for vsl3.co.uk and to you, and for no other purposes.
Ferring will only process your personal data where there is a legal basis for doing so, and where it is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected. The legal basis for processing your personal data will depend on the purpose for which the data was collected, as described below:
- Personal data may be processed if necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing or fulfilling the following purposes:
- to respond to you regarding an inquiry in the following categories: media; partnerships; development of business relationship; and any other general enquiries;
- to process and respond to enquiries regarding data privacy and your privacy rights;
- to process and assess reported cases for potential misconduct and/or violation of the Ferring Philosophy;
- to process applications for current vacancies and/or accept unsolicited job applications;
- to process and respond to a collaboration request; or
- any other legitimate business purposes such as data analysis, audit, improving services and expanding our business activities.
- Personal data may be processed when necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations such as:
- to comply with laws within or outside your country of residence,
- to comply with a legal process or in response to a court order to produce certain personal data.
- Personal data may be collected and processed if necessary for vital interests and to comply with applicable safety obligations within the pharmaceutical sector such as:
- to process a report regarding side effects, adverse drug reactions, adverse events or other safety information relation to a Ferring drug/product. For information regarding the processing of special category data for this purpose please see the Pharmacovigilance Privacy Notice here.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Vsl3.co.uk, a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website may collect the following information about you for account handling:
- Your name, your contact details, postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your online browsing activities on vsl3.co.uk websites
- Your password(s)
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
Vsl3.co.uk, a Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd website may collect the following information about you for Marketing:
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications with vsl3.co.uk
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform-- such as a Twitter feed, External blog post, Instagram and public Facebook page
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this notice.
Information collected during ‘guest purchase’:
When you choose to place your order via the guest checkout. Transaction data you provide and registration details for creating an account with vsl3.co.uk or you make a guest purchase, we collect the information in our backend database. on a WordPress platform CMS. This is hosted on a secured FerringCloud1 server based in AWS Dublin, Data Centre.
WHERE DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the information in our backend database on a WordPress platform CMS. This is hosted on a secured FerringCloud1 server based in AWS Dublin, Data Centre.
Your personal data may be transferred to other locations in which Ferring maintain facilities (including Ferring affiliates, contractors, partners or agents), where there are legitimate grounds for such a transfer, such as a valid business reason. Such locations may include countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Any such transfers will be safeguarded by internal international data transfer agreements, to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with the applicable European and national data protection laws.
DATA COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTY
Ferring may, in certain circumstances, share your personal data with third parties if necessary to achieve the notified purposes, or if such third parties are assisting Ferring with the processing of the data. Ferring will only disclose personal data about you to a third party in the following circumstances:
- Relevant consent has been provided by you;
- where applicable, as a result of a request by you as a data subject
- whereby there is a legal basis for the disclosure of the data and you have been provided with suitable notice of this
- where we are required to do so under applicable laws or as a result of a court order; or
- where Ferring decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise its business structure.
- Ferring will never sell your information to a third party.
Data is collected and store for account transaction with 3rd party supplier True Blue
All order data is stored in an OLAP data cube that sits on the secured Ferringworld servers, based in European Economic Area. Fed from the VSL#3 website (www.vsl3.co.uk) CMS.
All personal customer information is anonymized after 4 years. Vsl3.co.uk's data warehouse is maintained by a third party vendor, True Blue, based in Verona, Italy who operate based on our contract agreements.
Data is collected and stored for financial account transaction with 3rd party supplier WorldPay
We do not contact the customers if they have opted-out of our electronic communications. Payment information (credit card etc.) is not processed by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd, but by a third party secure online payments gateway called WorldPay. The information collected is required for the completion of your purchase.
For more information please refer to https://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy
Data is collected and stored for account transaction fulfillment with 3rd party supplier AAH/Royal Mail/DPD
To enable fulfillment of vsl3.co.uk orders, we share order/transactional data, including appropriate personal information with carefully selected third parties. This is dependent on order type to create labels, document notes/invoices and process deliveries. Data is only held and used as to the contractual business fulfilment and is deleted once no longer required.
For more information please refer to
Social media and your personal data
The information available on VSL#3 social media sites is publicly available personal data, including which you have shared on any of these platforms such as a Twitter feed, External blog post, Instagram or a public Facebook page. The social media accounts used by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd, are under agreed T&Cs which fall within; legislation known as EU-US Privacy Shield, US organisation. All sites used by Ferring Pharmaceutical Ltd, certify and commit to a framework agreement which underpins their protection of EU citizen data entrusted to them.
Customer service and your personal data
Emails and voice mails with your questions are addressed within 24 to 48 hours except weekends and bank holidays, we archive all the information in our internal secured server to effectively address your queries. All the data is deleted within 6 years.
DATA COLLECTED BY COOKIES
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
PHP session cookie. Session cookie. PHPSESSID. The PHPSESSID cookie is native to PHP and enables websites to store serialised state data. On the Action website it is used to establish a user session and to pass state data via a temporary cookie, which is commonly referred to as a session cookie. (http://www.cohnwolfe.com/en/cookie-Notice)
Cookies generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages. https://cookiepedia.co.uk/cookies/PHPSESSID
Google Advertising: We also use one or more cookies for advertising we serve across the web. One of the main advertising cookies on non-Google sites is named ‘IDE‘ and is stored in browsers under the domain doubleclick.net.https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
Google Advertising: A browser sends this cookie with requests to Google’s sites. The NID cookie contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on. https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
guest_id, personalization_id,_ twitter_sess, ct0
Twitter: No personal information besides the IP is stored. Used to identify the user between requests to the Twitter website.https://www.m-card.co.uk/privacy-and-cookies/
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. https://cookiepedia.co.uk/cookie/4485111
Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes. https://www.publicdesire.com/cookies
It stores the preferences and information of users each time they visit web pages containing a Google service
Used by Google to store user preferences and information of Google maps https://www.cbpsb.org/utilities/cookies-we-use.html
If you are logged into your Google account while visiting our site, Google is able to track your use of certain websites (such as ours) which use Google plug-ins. You will have agreed to this arrangement as part of signing up for a Google account, and Google will already have placed cookies on your device for this purpose. https://www.verisure.com/cookies-Notice.html
Google Analytics: Used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. https://www.appraisd.com/cookies
woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, wp_woocommerce_session_
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
DATA CHILDREN DATA PROTECTION
Ferring is committed to protecting the privacy of children.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Where personal data relates to a data subject who is under the age of 18 (or less if provided for by the applicable national law), consent shall be required from their legal representative. Ferring shall make all available and reasonable efforts to verify that the necessary consent has been obtained in such cases.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If and when we collect, hold and process your personal data, you will be afforded specific rights as a data subject. Ferring will give effect to these rights in accordance with the applicable European and local national data protection laws.
- Right to access and rectification: You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, as well as the right to request the correction of the personal data we hold if it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or for the restriction of processing your personal data. These rights are limited and will apply only in certain circumstances and where no exemptions apply.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold, as well as the right to request this data be transferred to another controller. This right is subject to certain conditions and may not apply, for example, if not permitted for reasons of public interest, or is not technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. If the data is processed for reasons of public interest, scientific or statistical purposes, you may still object and it will be our responsibility to demonstrate the legitimacy of processing the data.
- You have the right to contact or lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority.
HOW WE ENSURE YOUR PRIVACY IS MAINTAINED
http://www.Ferringukhcp.co.uk is created on WordPress platform CMS which is hosted on FerringCloud1 secured serve based in AWS Dublin Data Centre.
All the data collected is stored within the CMS platform and deleted within 6 years.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. For further please refer to our Global "Privacy Notice": https://www.ferring.com/en/global/privacy/
Ferring maintains a number of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, accidental destruction or loss. For example, where appropriate, Ferring is committed to the encryption, anonymization or pseudonymization of personal data, and personal data will be stored securely in a designated system. Our internal policies and procedures are designed to prioritise and promote the protection of personal data.
While our data security measures are continually evaluated and updated, the security of data transferred via the internet from a computer or other device cannot be guaranteed and you are encouraged to take steps to protect yourself online and against unauthorized use of your passwords, and mobile devices, as well as installing the appropriate firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware protections for your computer. If you suspect any security compromise please notify us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MODIFICATION OF PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be communicated at this location. We recommend you consult our Privacy Notice periodically to review any changes and to keep informed about our ongoing commitment to respecting the right to privacy and to providing the highest possible level of data protection.
If you have any questions or comments question regarding this Privacy Notice please contact Ferring Pharmaceutical Ltd.
If you would like to get in touch regarding your rights as a data subject, please email the Global Privacy Office at "email@example.com, or contact us at the following address:
Ferring International Center S.A.
Chemin De la Vergognausaz 50
1162 St Prex
Date of Preparation: May 2018